Sunday, November 11, 2012

Your child's bucket


Motivation Monday
Parents need to fill a child's bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can't poke enough holes to drain it dry -Alvin Price

LOVE this one.  I have been reflecting on my own childhood lately.  When I look back on all the times I was picked on, made fun of and bullied as a child I am amazed that I turned out to be a relatively confident woman.  If these were the only experiences I had growing up, who knows what kind of person I would have become.  Because of the love, understanding and stability my parents provided along with a few very wonderful teachers and friends, I was able to withstand all the emotional turmoil sent my way.  

Don't forget that even when it feels like your child isn't gaining confidence, understanding and love from your one on one attention.  

No comments: