Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Babies and TV


Thursday Favorites

Today I am sharing a post from Janet Lansbury’s “Elevating Child Care” on the topic of babies and TV.  I know you will enjoy it.  

“The last thing you’re going to catch me doing is provoking parental guilt. So, I’m going to assume you’ve heard all about the hazards of TV for infants and toddlers: potential language delays, obesity, ADHD, and aggression are all things we’d like to prevent in our children if we can. But it doesn’t surprise me that parents ignore the research (and the American Academy of Pediatrics advisory) and turn on the TV for children under 2 anyway.  How can we blame a mom or dad for wanting to read a whole sentence in the newspaper, cook dinner, talk on the phone uninterrupted, have a few minutes of privacy in the bathroom, or just get a few well-deserved moments of peace?"

Please click HERE to see the rest of the article. 

No comments: