Saturday, September 1, 2012

OMG That happened FAST!!

A few years ago my husband and I embarked on a journey; a journey in adoption.  I wanted to share that journey with you.  

March 28, 2012

One week ago we found out that we were once again licensed to be foster parents.  Amazing, exciting and then we wait.  Well that wait was not long.  

Yesterday, March 27 I received the phone call we had been told could take 2 years.  There was an almost 6 week old little girl that they were looking for a long term foster family for with the hopes that adoption could happen if the courts move in that favor.  I jotted down as much as I could and called Scott.  We had previously made the decision to say no to any placement before my week long trip coming up in 5 weeks - unless it was perfect for us. 

We spent 10 min (because that was all he could talk for) trying to come up with the potential risk and problems that could be a result for the child and birth family.  I then talked with a few family members to try to come up with some logistic solutions for my upcoming trip.  We were excited and just about to call and say yes when I got a return phone call.

Unfortunately, at this time, I found out that I would not be able to continue working for the family I nanny for with a second child. While this was really devastating for me personally, professionally and financially. We cannot make a decision about our families future based on this news.  Some how I knew it word work out.  A friend said to me that in 5 years I will not regret having to leave this job, even if it is an amazing one, even if it means leaving children I love.  BUT I would regret saying no to a baby that needed a home because of this job. 

So after much discussion into the wee hours of the night with Scott, some more conversations with family, friends, employer and social workers, we said YES to this very little sweetie.  

We will be able to have her for the weekend for visitation then she will have to go back to her temporary home for while until all the paperwork can and legal stuff can be complete.   We will be able to see her here and there until then.  

That is all we know that I can share in this public forum.  We cannot give out even her given first name but we have decided to nickname her LUCY for the sake of reference to her. 

Right now Scott and I feel as if we are jumping off the Grand Cannon into the complete unknown.  We are holding tight to each other, Nadia and GOD.  We don't know how He will catch us but we know that he will. Another friend said not to long ago to me that sometimes when God asks us to step off a cliff, it is not a bridge that he provides but wings.  We are praying for wings right now.  Please pray with us for them. 

No comments: