Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Perfect Child


Motivation Monday

Stop trying to perfect your child, but keep trying to perfect your relationship with him.
Dr. Henker

In many ways I am a perfectionist and I push that expectation on to my children.   I may not be one when it comes to keeping my house clean but when something is important to me and it goes wrong, I have a tendency to beat myself up and get frustrated about not getting it right.   

There are few things on this planet more important to me than raising wonderful, loving and compassionate children.  So when I do something that makes me feel like less than a perfect parent, it eats at me.  And when my children “act” less than perfect I get frustrated.

But this quote is great because it reminds me that as long as I am working to improve the relationship I have with my children, they will grow to be wonderful, loving and compassionate children.  In fact they already are.  I just get so bogged down in the details of life that I too often forget to see them for who they already are.

Quote found at
http://www.more4kids.info/1020/parenting-and-motivational-quotes-to-live-by

No comments: