Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another Go?

A few years ago my husband and I embarked on a journey; a journey in adoption.  I wanted to share that journey with you.  

September 25, 2010

Nadia is now 20 months old. She has been a "toddler" since the day she turned one. She love to climb, dance, play outside, yell at the dog and cats (I guess she gets that from one of us). Nadia is a delight. Scott and I often sit and watch her play. She is constantly doing things that make us laugh and love her more. I HATE cliche's but I really need to say God had her picked out for us. She is the most amazing part of our family.

Now that Scott and I are settled in as first time parents, our thoughts are moving to the idea of a second child. Though we have certainly been hoping that we might get pregnant in the last 6 months, that has not happened. So back we go to Adoption, which is truly an amazing blessing to us. It is NOT a second choice. For us, allowing there to be a natural birth order for our first two children, is important. So we are thinking that we would like to adopt a child younger than Nadia. Which should not be too difficult because by the time Scott and I go through the process to become licensed foster parents again, Nadia will be 2.

Our plan is to work through the application process, take the mandatory classes and be licensed in the spring time. So let hope, pray and see what is next for our little but hopefully growing family. And here's a few of my favorite pictures from the last few months.

No comments: