Sunday, August 5, 2012

Child Rearing


Motivation Monday
I looked on child-rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was as fully interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best that I could bring to it.

-Rose Kennedy



I find this quote incredibly inspiring as a parent and a childcare professional for the last 15 years.  The world (and lets face it sometimes we) think of raising children as a great responsibility but not a "real" job.  

I challenge that attitude and believe there is no greater or more exciting job than to love, encourage and mold the next generation.  They may be your biological, adopted or foster children or they could be your charges, students, grandchildren or nieces and nephews.  You may have them every day for the rest of your lives or for a short time.  It does not matter, your job is important. 

It is not a cliche, it is the TRUTH.  Anyone that has ever helped a child go from a small helpless being to an independent person in what seems like the blink of an eye can not deny this truth.  

I hope to bring the absolute best I have to my children everyday and I know you will all do the same.  

Found at http://www.greatest-inspirational-quotes.com/inspirational-parent-quotes.html

No comments: