Saturday, August 11, 2012

Long story short - Nadia Anne!

A few years ago my husband and I embarked on a journey; a journey in adoption.  I wanted to share that journey with you.  


February 12, 2009
Last Monday we received some bad news. We did not get the little girl that we had hoped and expected to get. It was a sever disappointment. We spent the first 2 hours crying, yelling and simply being angry with the whole system. We then considered going to Costa Rica for the remainder of the week. We decided against this and began to get our life back together again. I got a new job and though we were far from happy about it we were doing okay. I truly believed it was not God's first choice for us to loose this little girl but that it would work out in the end. We had released it to Him and were ready for what ever. If that meant waiting for another year, we knew it would be worth it.

So it was a complete shock and surprise when I got a call yesterday afternoon on my day off. There was a baby just one day old at a hospital near us that had been surrendered the night before. I could not believe it and said "I will have to talk to my husband". I was thinking, there is no way he will say no, but I gotta talk to him.

So, I write this this morning at 5:30AM from a hospital room after my first night as a MOMMY. I could not be happier and Scott just can't stop smiling. We are proud parents of a 7lb 4oz - 19 inch little girl we have named Nadia Anne. Nadia means HOPE and Anne means GRACE. Both of which we have received in full from God, even when it was tough. I am here to tell you it is a crazy roller coster ride and there have been times I wanted to get off the ride, but what a ride it has been. It's not over yet, but we continue to be hopeful that this is our forever little girl. 

MOMMY AND DADDY

No comments: